Fail-Safe Gifts for Guitar Players
Buying gifts for guitar players is probably one of the easiest things I can think of, but maybe that’s because I am a guitar player myself. For you all non-guitar freaks out there who have a special someone who on the other hand loves the guitar, this article is for you! All of the gift ideas below are absolutely fail-safe. Every item is very useful to guitar players and most of the items are quite rare so that you can be sure not buy something double.
A box full of picks is probably the safest option you got. It’s very common for us guitar players to lose picks all over the place. Having an abundance of picks and pick thickness options gives us the peace of mind we need to play that tune for you.
- Assorted Various Thickness And Colors
- Quantity:100 Pieces
The pick puncher is a funny but very useful gimmick that lets your guitar friend create picks out of almost everything. Pick problem solved forever!
- INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE The Pick-a-Palooza + Leather Pick Holder Key Chain (holds up to 10 picks) + 15 Starter Strips (.71mm; makes 100 picks) + Info PDF Titled "It's a Pick-a-Palooza" (filled with interesting facts about guitar picks including a picture of the first guitar pick maker!)
- Pick-a-Palooza guitar pick maker is a useful and unique gift for any guitar player. Guaranteed to be the hit of any gift giving situation, Birthdays, Christmas, Father's Day, Graduation or anytime you would like to tell your guitar playing friend or family member how much you care!
- Heavy duty, sturdy construction and a stainless steel blade allows the user to create uniform and smooth guitar picks every time.
Changing strings can take a little while and guitar players often avoid doing it because of it’s frustrating nature. Gifting a string winder will solve this problem for your guitar friend and he’ll be forever thankful.
- ALL-IN-ONE RESTRINGING TOOL - The ergonomic and high-quality design of the D'Addario Accessories Pro-Winder makes string changes quicker and easier than ever before with its built-in clippers, bridge pin puller and peg winder all rolled into one tool.
- MUST HAVE FOR EVERY CASE - Why fill up your case with three tools when you can have one that does it all? This indispensable tool has been designed to fit comfortably in your hand and for use on virtually all electric and acoustic guitars, basses, banjos and mandolins. Also available in a bass guitar version.
- BUILT-IN STRING CUTTER - With the hardened steel clippers on the Pro-Winder string cutter you can cleanly cut through your old strings to remove them quicker and easier, and trim the excess off new strings after looping them through the tuning machines.
This guitar tool kit is a great gift idea for guitar players. Especially if you are just starting out, having a tool kit with all the necessities for changing strings and repair work can save your guitar friend great headaches.
- Carbon steel String Cutters, 2-in-l Screwdriver (Philips/Flat), Led Flashlight and 2 AAA Batteries
- 5 Allen Wrenches. Made in USA: 0.050inch for Fender USA saddles -1.5mm for MIM Fender & most import saddles - 2.5mm & 3mm for Floyd Rose. Plus 5mm long Ball End Acoustic Truss Rod Wrench (Takamine, Martin and most Asian truss rods and more)
- 6 Pockets for string storage, Pick Pocket for picks, gauge and business cards etc.
- Stainless Steel String Action/Set Up Gauge. String Winder with bridge pin remover. Trem Poker. Strings/picks are not included. Ships by USPS
Your guitar friend needs his pair of ears to work well for the years to come. Therefore, gifting portable hearing protection is a very reasonable gift to give. I have one pair myself and carry them around on my keychain wherever I go.
- Europe's #1 Hearing Protection for Musicians
- Special music filters offering outstanding sound quality
- Very comfortable, compact, and hardly visible in the ear
The thought, “I have enough acoustic panels in my life” never appeared to me in 15 years of playing the guitar and producing music. For that reason, I can say, it’s a pretty fail-safe gift for guitar players!
- Each WEDGE comes uncompressed and in prime condition! The Wedges in the photo will be exactly what you get.
- Great for spot treating sound on walls in your studio or office - For use in recording studios, control rooms, Offices home studios, home entertainment theaters, Home Offices
- 12 Pack covers 12 square feet - Each tile is 1 square foot of 1 inch thick acoustic wedge
- For professional acoustic control, sound dampening, acoustic treatment, noise reduction - Reduce waves, reverb and flutter echoes in smaller to medium sized rooms.
The Hammer Jammer is a nice guitar gimmick that allows you to create a unique trill effect. Watch this video to get a better impression of how it works.
- Develop incredible speed
- Unique patterns
- New percussive sounds
- Fits all 6 string guitars with standard neck widths.
Similar to the hammer jammer this device creates a trill like sound and thereby allows for new creative ways to play the guitar. Check out the video on the product page.
- Dozens of new guitar sounds and playing techniques
- For guitar, bass, mandolin, ukulele, banjo, and other string instruments
- Voted top "10 coolest guitar gear innovations" by guitar player magazine
The Spider Capo is another interesting gimmick that opens up countless possibilities to tunings. Check out the video on the product page for further explanation.
- Fine-tuning of each string for exact intonation
- Patented design for maximum sustain and full tone
- Hundreds of open tunings
- Unlimited application for all styles of music
Why would a guitar player want to have a cello bow? Good question! Bowing the guitar with a cello bow can create a unique sound and will therefore be a welcome present to your guitar player friend. Check out this video if you want to hear how it sounds in practice.
The Ebow is definitely a tool on my wish-list! Through a coil of wire and a magnetic pole piece it lets one or multiple strings resonate. In comparison to the harsher sound of plucking, strumming or picking strings this devices allows the player to create a very smooth and dreamy sound.
- Includes 2 FREE 9v Batteries!
- "Energy Bow" for guitar, bass, and other stringed instruments
- Produces a variety of effects such as sustain, fades, bowing, and tonal textures
- Replaces the pick in your right hand and inspires creativity
For the small pocket, this double pick might be the right choice. I guarantee this little gift will make your guitar buddy smile!
- Adds a new dimension to your guitar sounds, producing tones that are richer, fatter, and brighter.
- Simple and intuitive to use.
- Each string is struck twice with each strum, generating up to 12 attacks per strum.
- The flexible coupler allows the guitarist to change the distance between the two pick strike points, easily switching between strumming and playing lead.
Is your guitar-buddy seriously planning to go on stage with this dirty piece of wood? Uagh! This guitar polish by Earnie Ball will make his or her guitar shine.
- Polish with cloth
The VariGrip Forearm Exerciser is maybe not the right present for every muscleman but for a guitar-newbie this device can speed up the grip strength gaining process quite a bit.
- Patented tension adjusters allow the user to customize resistance levels for each finger; ranging from Medium to Heavy Tensions in order to increase strength.
- Ergonomic; extra-wide base disperses pressure evenly; and is extremely comfortable compared to other hand exercisers
- VariGrip Sport is the only exerciser that includes a reversible molded grip with a textured base for building and maintaining calluses. Ideal for climbing; gymnastics; hunting; fitness and gaming.
- Customize your resistance level for each finger; A simple, pre-workout or pre-game warmup increases circulation, resulting in better control and command, giving you a competitive advantage!
Picks: When you want to play you can’t find ’em and when you don’t want to play, they magically appear in your hand! The Guitar Pick-Holder solves this problem in a neat and stylish way. Fail-safe!
- BEST SOLUTION - By far the EASIEST way to store your pick. These Guitar pick holders hold two picks on the headstock right above the nut, always in reach.
- GREAT VALUE - This is a pack of 5 pick holders. Keep a spare or two in your gig bag. Make great gifts for guitar players.
- BE PREPARED - Always have a guitar pick within reach. Great for storage too. Stop leaving picks lying around all over the place.
- EASY TO USE - Simply slide the guitar pick holder underneath the strings on the headstock. Then insert picks into the available slots.