Small Percussion Instruments Buyer’s Guide <40$
I am always fascinated by small percussion instruments. They have a magical attraction and you can never have enough of them! That inspired me to write this comprehensive small percussion instruments buyers guide. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Keep this list in mind in case you have a friend or family member who is fond of music and music production. These instruments make the best gifts.
Even for modern music producers small percussion instruments can function as an enriching addition to a small studio. Adding live recorded percussion to a mainly digital production often adds the organic feel that overly produced tracks miss.
This list is separated into two broad categories: Idiophones and membranophones.
Idiophones are percussion instruments where the entire objects vibrates to create a sound when struck, shaken or scraped. A wide variety of materials are used for the body of idiophones. Here is a list of small percussion instruments in the category of idiophones:
|sound||“tock”, wooden, short|
- CLASSIC HARDWOOD CLAVES, SOLD IN PAIRS: The Meinl Classic Hardwood Claves deliver bright, resounding, and rich tones that have cut and clarity. Essential for Afro-Latin rhythms and applicable in virtually any style, claves are the perfect percussion instrument to create polyrhythms, straight beats, or to use for sound effects.
|sound||“tick”, metallic, sharp attack / long sustain|
|origin||16th century England|
|sound||texture rich, soft|
- SET OF 4 MULTI-COLORED EGG SHAKERS: This pack of 4 easy to use egg shakers features red, blue, green and yellow colored shakers. They create crystal clear shaker sounds that may be paired with any other instrument. These egg shakers are fun to play at home and are useful in classroom music settings.
- EASY AND FUN PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS: Shakers are a fun and easy way to learn about the foundations of rhythm and can be played alone or with other percussion instruments like cajons, bongos, djembes, or congas.
|sound||“tock”, wooden, hollow|
- CONSTRUCTED FROM AUTHENTIC HARDWOOD FOR A SUPERIOR SOUND | Each wood block we make is constructed from a solid block of real Tennessee hardwood to give it an organic, natural, and woody sound that plastic blocks just can't replicate.
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA | Each Timber Drum Company product is made from Tennessee hardwood and is assembled in our workshop just north of Nashville, TN.
|sound||multiple attacks, hollow, rattle|
|sound||metallic, hollow, bell|
- Constructed of premium quality steel
- Larger bell combination delivers a lower-pitch drier sound, which contrasts nicely with the bright sounds of the smaller bell pairing
- Classic black powder coated finish
- Extremely durable, and portable for any music situation
|sound||“tock”, hollow, simple|
- 【Super loud】Loud bell for cheering at sporting events,wedding,party,concert and so on.
- 【Alert bell】Perfect as a help bell to catch someone's attention.Such as your kids,your old parents and abstracted people.
- 【Excellent craft】Good production line and good source of materials.Handsome antique copper-style finish,comfortable grip handle.
- 【Noise maker】Make some noise! It will exceed your expectations!
- 5" solid brass cymbals come with easy-grip knobs are ideal for children of all ages
- Rhythm Band Brass Cymbals with Knobs These cymbals are made of the finest quality bell brass and can be used to produce crash effects when banged together
- Rhythm Band Brass Cymbals with KnobsThese cymbals are made of the finest quality bell brass and can be used to produce crash effects when banged together
|sound||rich texture, metallic|
- Shimmering chorus effect: The Meinl sleigh bells are equipped with 25 steel bells that ring out with a full, rich sound. These sleigh bells may be used in any musical application from holiday band or choral performances to Christmas caroling. Their resounding tonal quality also works in the studio and for any live acoustic performance or orchestral setting in a large venue
- Easy to play: an ergonomically shaped wooden handle allows for an easy grip. Simply shake the sleigh bells and let them ring out. These bells respond with a controlled sound and feel to any rhythm you wish to play. Their vibrant tones blend well without overpowering
|sound||falling pitch, metallic, beautiful|
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS | Given its range, this model is perfect for performances when a brief chime effect is needed. As one of our smaller models, this chime is convenient and versatile, making it a great choice for beginners looking to add some shimmer to their music.
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA | Each TreeWorks Chimes product is made from Tennessee hardwood and locally sourced aluminum/titanium and is assembled in our workshop just north of Nashville, TN.
|sound||rattle, metallic, rich texture|
- SOUND PORTS FOR EXTRA PROJECTION: The Meinl Turbo Cabasas generate plenty of volume with help from 5 sound ports located on the body of the instrument. This added projection from the resonating chamber results in a crisp, full tone.
- STAINLESS STEEL CYLINDER AND BEADS: Classic cabasa sounds come effortlessly from the ribbed stainless steel cylinder and stainless steel beads. The sound and volume are great for any live or studio performance
|sound||rattle, wooden, rain|
- sturdy construction will stand up to use in the classroom, home, or band over time
- much clearer sound than plastic or poorly made imitation rainsticks
- twine dyed in bright Chilean color combinations wrapped around one or both ends of rainstick
- clear coated for smoother, more water and stain resistant, and durable finish - easy to clean
|sound||rattle, wooden, “clack”|
|sound||“pling”, high, clear, metallic|
|sound||metallic, clean, warm|
- Compact tongue drum size with a big sound! Dimensions: 8" wide x 5.5" high. Weight: 3.4 lbs. HAPI Drum uses a unique mixture of alloying elements in our musical steel drum to achieve the best sound possible.
- D Akebono Pentatonic Scale (D4, E4, F4, A4, Bb4, D5, E5, F5). There are no wrong notes, play any note in any order and our tongue drum sounds great!
- Effortless to play! An intuitive arrangement to the drum notes makes it easy to explore new musical horizons.
- HAPI Steel Tongue Drums are used by professional musicians, recording studios, music therapists, and yoga studios worldwide.
- [Mahogany Body] and [Ore Metal Tines], providing longer sustain ,better sound and comfortable touch feeling
- Soft tone that relaxes like music box,harp. Bending design keys are more comfortable for fingers. Joy can always be found at your fingertips.
- International standard C tune: 1(D), 2(B), 3(G), 4(E), 5(C5), 6(A), 7(F), 8(D), 9(C4), 10(E), 11(G), 12(B), 13(D), 14(F), 15(A), 16(C6), 17(E).
- Package include:Portable kalimba（finger piano） +music book + Instructions +cloth bag +Tune Hammer + red and green stickers + letter and number stickers
Membranophones are percussion instruments that produce a sound through a stretched membrane. The membrane or drum can be made of different materials such as leather or plastic. The drums are either struck or rubbed by hands or sticks of different forms and materials. Rubbed membranophones are called friction drums. Here is a list of small percussion instruments in the category of membranophones:
- WELL-DESIGNED BONGOS WITH AUTHENTIC NATURAL ANIMAL HIDES - Hip Bongo Drums (TM) is a set of 6" and 7" bongo drums made of high quality, weatherproof and durable wood & metal with authentic, ethically sourced animal hides hugging the top of Hickory shells.
- STYLISH FOR GIFTS, DECORATIONS AND OCCASIONS - Our set has an exotic, natural gloss finish guaranteed to add a Hawaiian vibe to your homes or music rooms. It is a wonderful musical souvenir for your loved ones and for beach parties and gatherings! Its quality design guarantees a resonant, non-boxy sound and an efficient design leaves no room for dirt deposits - top choice for sure!
|sound||bright, complex, metallic|
- It is Handmade twisting the wrist vigorously causes the knot at the end of the string to beat the two ends of the drum. Great sound, lots of fun. 4"w x 5" h Approx size and colors vary
- IT IS HANDMADE BY INDIAN ARTISAN..It is have some imperfactions due to its uniqueness.
- it is used for pooja and festivals..
- Size and colors may little bit vary Diameter 4 inch
|sound||bright, thin, long sustain|
|sound||earthy, changes pitch|
- Shake this colorful tube to set the coiled spring in motion
- Produces a unique thunder-like sound
- Available with either Stormy or Tie Dye covering; also available in narrower versions
- Dimensions: 6 x 6 inches. Suitable for Ages 5+
|sound||sharp, rattle, high|
- SWITCH UP THE SOUND OF YOUR DRUMS: Suitable for use as a primary or secondary snare, this premium piccolo snare drum is a great instrument to keep in your musical arsenal. The small, condensed size and thinner body depth gives it a high pitched tone, while the 6 tuning lugs allow you to achieve a tighter sound with brilliant attacks.
- DELUXE CONSTRUCTION: If you have a passion for beautiful, high-quality instruments, then this 13" x 3.5" piccolo snare drum is for you. Made of 7.5mm, 3 ply poplar wood shell and with a superb, glossy black hickory finish, this snare drum offers a solid, durable wooden construction and a white coated drum head with a sleek style that you will love! Drum key included.
- MULTI PURPOSE USE: Whether for music bands, drummers, recording studios, DJs, stage performers, schools or churches, this piccolo snare drum is great for pop, R&B and rock and makes an excellent addition to your percussion set.
- BEST PRICE ON THE MARKET: Do you need a professional, deluxe snare drum at an affordable price? Then this piccolo snare drum is for you! In fact, you won't find a better price than this anywhere on the market!